Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

And they think this ............

+2
john2308
Skid
6 posters

Go down

A hit or a miss???

And they think this ............ Vote_lcap50%And they think this ............ Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]
And they think this ............ Vote_lcap50%And they think this ............ Vote_rcap 50% 
[ 4 ]

Total Votes : 8

Poll closed

And they think this ............ Empty And they think this ............

Post by Skid Tue 16 Sep 2014, 11:02 pm

........... is the future of motor racing:

Formula E

The start sounds like a bunch of electric radio control cars:

All you can hear 'on board' is the wind noise from the hemet cam!!!!

What a joke!!!!

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

And they think this ............ Empty Re: And they think this ............

Post by Guest Wed 17 Sep 2014, 12:08 am

I watched the first race,  a little bit different but quite a decent attempt at a way forward in motor racing.
The F1 cars are now hybrids,  people moaned about this when the season started,  the viewing figures speak for them selves though and this season has had a slight increase.

I think it needs giving a chance,  just because they don't have a deafening roar coming from the back end doesn't mean they're in any way slow,  in fact they'll give most supercars a run for their money at the moment and when the battery packs have been improved they'll be even more performance enhanced.  Next season the teams will be designing their own cars and not using the stock ones from Renault as per this year.

My final statement will be........

I'd rather watch this than 22 overpaid blokes kicking a pigs bladder around a field for 90 minutes...... Or.... Lots of people standing around a field trying to hit a leather ball around for days upon endless boring days every summer.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Sep 2014, 1:48 am

Snake wrote:

My final statement will be........

I'd rather watch this than 22 overpaid blokes kicking a pigs bladder around a field for 90 minutes...... Or.... Lots of people standing around a field trying to hit a leather ball around for days upon endless boring days every summer.

Colin, don't be shy.  Tell us what you really think. And they think this ............ 1792231099 And they think this ............ 1792231099 And they think this ............ 1792231099

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Wed 17 Sep 2014, 4:03 am

Electric car's are coming into their own classes and we will see more of them in the future and use some of the tech. stuff from the electric golf carts and some from the radio control car's and airplanes for battery life and power control. Just look at the electric car's that are on the road today for an example of what the future will bring  And they think this ............ 3887228019
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by coyote Wed 17 Sep 2014, 5:45 am

Ironic that the most polluted city in the world is hosting a race for these big scalextric things. I agree with Al, the noise is a part of it.
coyote
coyote
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 17 Sep 2014, 5:07 pm

I echo Colin's post...not a football or cricket fan.

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Wed 17 Sep 2014, 7:59 pm

Snake wrote:
I'd rather watch this than 22 overpaid blokes kicking a pigs bladder around a field for 90 minutes

i agree,...........rather watch paint dry than that

this is early days yet, needs to be given a chance

i remember when moto gp changed its layout a few years ago..........moto 2 was considered the 'support' series using cheap bikes, very much the 'poor' brother.....within 2 seasons it was having better more competitive racing than the senior class

remember when Group B got banned from WRC?.....all the drivers complained the new cars were so slow.....within 2 season they were nearly as fast as the old Gp B ones, cos technology caught up

i agree the noise is part of it but i think they are having to go this route just to show they 'care' about green issues (they dont really but they have got to make it sound like they do)
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by pete s Wed 17 Sep 2014, 8:47 pm

Well, I am not a fan of electric cars, even though it hard to argue how cool the Tesla is!

I agree that the noise of racing is what makes up a big part of the sensory attraction. I will always remember going to a CanAm race at Riverside Raceway in the 60's as a kid, and walking by the back of a McLaren when they started the engine. That monster V8 literally made the ground shake!! I will forever remember that sound.

I guess if this keeps up, we, as modelers, will get a lot of practice of doing wiring harnesses!
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnag Thu 02 Oct 2014, 9:12 pm

They could always build speakers into each of them and each have their own engine noise soundtrack... And they think this ............ 1704234926

I gave up on F1 years ago as it got too boring, same top teams always winning, they should make it more interesting, those who finish in the top ten should start at the back for the next race, give the "poorer" teams more of a chance, I much rather watch the Aussie V8 and Utes race...

Andy...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain...
Johnag
Johnag

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum