Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Decal making using a home printer

+4
john2308
Brizio
harron68
RetiredMike
8 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Decal making using a home printer - Page 2 Empty Re: Decal making using a home printer

Post by harron68 Sun 27 Jul 2014, 2:22 am

I haven't checked any other forums or You Tube, but there may be some differences in printing with a laser versus an inkjet printer. Maybe the decal maker has a website too with tips. I think Scale Auto Enthusiast has done a story or two on how-to as well and their website may have info.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Decal making using a home printer - Page 2 Empty Re: Decal making using a home printer

Post by Guest Sun 27 Jul 2014, 4:24 pm

I buy my decal paper from Micro Mark. They have a different paper for ink jet and laser printers. Great price if you buy 25 sheets at a time also.

Back to top Go down

Post by pete s Sun 27 Jul 2014, 5:31 pm

I buy my paper from the LHS, and it is by Stevens. It is for the laser printer, and I take it to the local FedEx Office for printing. I don't have my own laser printer yet.

So it sits out during the trip home, and then I clear it with the Testors Decal Bonder. Seems to work good for me.
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by heepey Wed 19 Nov 2014, 9:02 pm

I have been making my own decals for some time using the Testors inkjet paper and Bonder spray. I do the layouts with MS Word or Publisher. I have tried laser decal paper without much success. Inkjet printing gives sharper and brighter images. This is my most recent project.
Decal making using a home printer - Page 2 IMG_7099_zps2bc884e5
heepey
heepey

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnag Wed 19 Nov 2014, 11:14 pm

Hi Mr D,

Many thanks for this, I have some decal paper but haven't tried doing any yet, I also have some Microscale Liquid Decal Film, does anyone know if it would be ok to use a normal hairy brush to apply this once the ink has dried or does it need to be airbrushed...

I'd prefer to use a hairy brush if I can as it's easier...

Many thanks again for taking the time doing and sharing this with us, thank you...

Mr G & Dan, your decals ROCK Sir's...

Andy...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain...
Johnag
Johnag

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2