Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Buick Reatta

+3
disabled modeler
Mr Hirakawa
webby
7 posters

Go down

Buick Reatta Empty Buick Reatta

Post by webby Sun 31 Dec 2017, 12:58 am

Another piece in my never ending quest to build every GM model in 1/24-25th. It's a promo from ebay. 10 bucks plus postage to Aus.
So here we go!

Box Art:

Buick Reatta Img_0210

Not much too be done here, other than BMF & Dullcote on the brake & fuel lines, and pick out what detail there is on the subframes.
At least they're separate pieces which gives it some depth.

Buick Reatta Img_0121

One seat modified, one to go. Back panels and reshaping the front of the cushion go a long way towards a more realistic appearance.

Buick Reatta Img_0212

Buick Reatta Img_0211
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Buick Reatta Empty Re: Buick Reatta

Post by Mr Hirakawa Sun 31 Dec 2017, 11:31 am

Nice little bit of reshaping there.
Mr Hirakawa
Mr Hirakawa
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sun 31 Dec 2017, 5:10 pm

Nice one Webby....as many of you know I like and collect promos. Looks like this one will be interesting.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Mon 01 Jan 2018, 10:54 pm

Wow, I've never even heard of a Reatta. Nice work on the seat.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by TimJ Tue 02 Jan 2018, 12:40 am

Nice work on the seat.
TimJ
TimJ

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Wed 03 Jan 2018, 4:04 pm

I luvved the Reatta when it came out! They were rare in actual production also. If memory serves it was a 2-seater. Meant as a retiree's "sports-touring" car, it never caught on. Congrats on snagging a model for a good price!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Thu 04 Jan 2018, 12:25 pm

harron68 wrote:I luvved the Reatta when it came out!  They were rare in actual production also.  If memory serves it was a 2-seater.  Meant as a retiree's "sports-touring" car, it never caught on.  Congrats on snagging a model for a good price!

Someone in my area has one they still drive...yes its a 2 seater car. They had a lot of mechanical issues with them and a few electrical ones as well....still it was a cool looking car to me. Buick made a few odd super cars they tried out for a bit...when me and the wife got together I got her a 86 Buick Sumerset T type it was a small beast of a car..look one up.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Sun 14 Jan 2018, 3:40 am

Todays update. Great spray painting weather since its 36/37 C over the weekend. Not so good for modelling under a lamp though! More sitting under the fan and watch as Australia win the first one day cricket match ( he hopes) while sanding future builds.

Now on to the main act. Body is painted and polished, bumpers done this morning, and a WIP of the interior. More paint on the carpet & some black BMF on the dash, console & doors.

Buick Reatta Img_0213

Buick Reatta Img_0214
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sun 14 Jan 2018, 11:36 am

Very nice work...looks great..!

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Sun 14 Jan 2018, 7:45 pm

Neat choice of colors! I'll enjoy seeing it built.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 14 Jan 2018, 8:59 pm

Great looking paint!

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Mon 15 Jan 2018, 3:05 am

disabled modeler wrote:
harron68 wrote:I luvved the Reatta when it came out!  They were rare in actual production also.  If memory serves it was a 2-seater.  Meant as a retiree's "sports-touring" car, it never caught on.  Congrats on snagging a model for a good price!

Someone in  my area has one they still drive...yes its a 2 seater car.  They had a lot of mechanical issues with them and a few electrical ones as well....still it was a cool looking car to me.  Buick made a few odd super cars they tried out for a bit...when me and the wife got together I got her a 86 Buick Sumerset T type it was a small beast of a car..look one up.

I had an 85 Century T Type. 3.8 V6. The Buick 3.8 liter became the 3800 with symmetrical heads and a balance shaft. Indy racing really helped with the R and D of the 3.8. I think it is the best engine GM made... including the small block Chevy.

Great paint job on the Riatta.
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Mon 15 Jan 2018, 8:27 am

Speed Racer 65 wrote:
disabled modeler wrote:

Someone in  my area has one they still drive...yes its a 2 seater car.  They had a lot of mechanical issues with them and a few electrical ones as well....still it was a cool looking car to me.  Buick made a few odd super cars they tried out for a bit...when me and the wife got together I got her a 86 Buick Sumerset T type it was a small beast of a car..look one up.

I had an 85 Century T Type. 3.8 V6. The Buick 3.8 liter became the 3800 with symmetrical heads and a balance shaft. Indy racing really helped with the R and D of the 3.8. I think it is the best engine GM made... including the small block Chevy.

Thanks, gents. We got the 3800 engine out here in our Commodores too. A tough and durable, yet simple engine.
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Tue 16 Jan 2018, 9:03 am

webby wrote:
Speed Racer 65 wrote:
disabled modeler wrote:

Thanks, gents. We got the 3800 engine out here in our Commodores too. A tough and durable, yet simple engine.

After I got married we bought a 95 Pontiac Bonneville with a 3800. 205 BHP naturally aspirated. We took it on a family trip from Kansas to Southern California. Averaged 70 mph on the interstate highways and got 31 mpg. Later GM came out with the 3800 Series II. Even better still especially when super or turbo charged.
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Mon 22 Jan 2018, 9:25 pm

Buick Reatta Img_0216
Interior, before final assembly.
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Sun 28 Jan 2018, 5:27 pm

The body paint is superb and the interior is very nicely detailed!
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down