Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

"What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models)

+3
Skid
Tumbler75
TECHMAN
7 posters

Go down

"What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models) Empty "What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models)

Post by TECHMAN Sun 05 May 2013, 12:21 pm

8) 8) 8)

Me standing beside the "most recent" thing to come outta the garage........
"What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models) 102_1447_zpsc4dd448f
"What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models) 102_1448_zps8aa19748
................................................................................

"What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models) 102_1450_zps9eb4c4a9
.................................................................................................................

It is a 296 inch (289) Ford, Lunati Crank, Eagle Rods, KB Pistons, Speed Pro Cam & Lifters, Port & Polished "early, little chamber" 351 heads with Speed Pro Stainless 1.94/1.60 valves, Lunati Springs, CC Roller Rockers, Chrome Offy Tunnel-Ram with two Carter Comp Series 625cfm AFB carbs, Mallory Ignition (with the electronic upgrades), and Cobra Valve Covers/Air Cleaner....................

It goes in a 1923 T-Bucket.......... :D :D :D

DJ

ps---M-A-Y-B-E I'll get some "model time" now........... :roll: :roll: :roll:

TECHMAN

Back to top Go down

"What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models) Empty Re: "What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models)

Post by Tumbler75 Sun 05 May 2013, 4:37 pm

Awesome! Can't wait to see the car! Sweet li'l engine. Those 289's will make a car sing with the right parts and pipes. 8)
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

"What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models) Empty Re: "What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models)

Post by Skid Sun 05 May 2013, 4:48 pm

That's too cool DJ.

Is it for your Bucket or have you built it for someone?

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by john2308 Sun 05 May 2013, 5:12 pm

That brings back memories 8) Can't beat a strong 289, loved those engines, they are quicker than the 302. Had mine setup with a Boss 302 block, 70 boss heads, 289 Hi Po crank, boss rods(polished & shot peened), 772 lift Crane Roller cam, tunnel ram with dual 650 holley's . It would crank 9800 rpm and the quickest was 9.63 et @ 144 mph in a 65 Mustang fastback that was built for D/G then NHRA droped the gass classes and I ran bracket for awhile. Never did really get it dialed in, the car weighed 1700lbs ready to go. I'd Love to hear it cackle, Music to my ears. John
john2308
john2308

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 06 May 2013, 2:19 am

That is a fine, Small Block Ford. Perfect street rod engine for an open engine bay.

Back to top Go down

Post by TECHMAN Wed 08 May 2013, 2:49 am

Skid wrote:That's too cool DJ.

Is it for your Bucket or have you built it for someone?

............................................................................................

8) 8) 8)

It's actually for a friend (for his 23 "T" )................

DJ

TECHMAN

Back to top Go down

Post by Promodwrench Sat 18 May 2013, 7:38 pm

Wow beautiful workmanship DJ your friend is going to have one sweet ride with that bullet in a bucket.
I really like the fuel plumbing with the plate that bolts straight to the tunnel ram, very clean looking. Let us know how she runs.

Chris
Promodwrench
Promodwrench

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Sun 19 May 2013, 8:04 pm

Nice one DJ,on the first pic I thought it was a flying engine.. "What" has been keepin' me BUSY (besides Models) 50283314

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Sun 19 May 2013, 10:20 pm

Sweet !!!!!
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Mon 20 May 2013, 3:08 am

So beautiful AND clean it's a shame to hide it under a hood. Put it on display, I think of it as craftsmanship and art!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 20 May 2013, 9:44 am

That's going to be one wild T bucket DJ.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down