Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver

Go down

Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Empty Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver

Post by Skid Wed 13 Mar 2013, 7:56 pm

Done in the livery of "Flotille 9F, "Aromanches" (Formerly HMS Colosus), Aeronavale, Indo China War, 1952"

At least that's what the instruction leaflet says!! Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Armata_PDT_12

I'm not sure how old the molds for this kit are but I think they must be quite old, judging by the quality.

The wing roots are a very poor fit on one side and the mid wing joins are so bad, there was little option but to finish it with the wings in the storage position. At least not without a GREAT deal of work that is.

With the wings in the folded position, there was a huge gap in the inner wings. Now, I should have closed this off just inside with some styrene but I didn't think of it until I'd glued and sanded the wings. So I settled for gluing some styrene to the ends.

Looking at the photos now, I should have drilled some holes in the end plates. Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Armata_PDT_02

The fit of the canopies leave a lot to be desired too.

Ole/Angelo..... my EZE line arrived today. Just in time for the attennae wire. It's really nice stuff and so easy to use!! Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Armata_PDT_34

• Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Post-25-12847634057573
  • Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Post-25-12847634126791
  • Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Post-25-12847634194082
  • Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Post-25-1284763426032

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver Empty Re: Curtiss SB2-C Helldiver

Post by Guest Wed 13 Mar 2013, 8:59 pm

Very clean. I like the folded wings. Changes the dsiplay a little.

Back to top Go down