Scale Model Building Culture Forum

HomeHome  GalleryGallery  RegisterRegister  Log in  

What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Faust
Faust

What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Empty
PostSubject: What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update   What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Icon_minitimeThu 23 May 2019, 1:16 am

Well, it’s taken me a while, but I’ve finally managed to make some headway on the BRAT. I was very excited to get one, since I had turned one down (stupidly) years ago. I think it was a good thing, though, since I’ve built up my skills at cars in the meantime. And let me tell you… boy, do you need to be ready to leverage some skill against this thing!

After a lot of work, modifying the body and interior pans, adding, reshaping and scribing parts, the body is pretty much ready for paint! However, it was a long haul. Given that the reissue is due out in a month or so, you can get a preview of what you’re up against here. It won’t likely have gotten any easier with age! Despite it all, though, the BRAT’s such an interesting, niche vehicle that I have to say it’s worth all the work. Check out the first build update below, and get ready for a workout!

https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/2019/05/22/brat-update-1-grind-that-body/

What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Brat-019
Back to top Go down
https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/
harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update   What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Icon_minitimeFri 24 May 2019, 3:58 pm

Call it mini ute, or whatever, I thought they were cool. Thanx for posting something very different!
Back to top Go down
Faust
Faust

PostSubject: Re: What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update   What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2019, 1:46 am

They are cool indeed!

They are a Ute actually. Or a car-truck, if you like that term. Other than the El-Camino, they were really the only car-trucks around at that time. It's funny that everyone thinks of them as pickups, but they really aren't.

I'm glad people like the different stuff. I'm a big fan of it myself, of course. :)

I wanted to get in with the BRAT before the reissue comes out, so people can see what's coming down the pipe!
Back to top Go down
https://adamrehorn.wordpress.com/
disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update   What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2019, 11:33 am

I built one of those many years ago...enjoyed it. My brother owns a 1983 Dodge Rampage he restored...was his wifes fathers they got it when he passed away.
Back to top Go down
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member
GaryDainton

PostSubject: Re: What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update   What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Icon_minitimeSat 25 May 2019, 1:03 pm

Great work, an interesting project. What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update 1705482731
Back to top Go down
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member
KatsZenJammer

PostSubject: Re: What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update   What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Icon_minitimeSun 26 May 2019, 4:10 pm

Excellent progress! What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update 1705482731
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update   What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's old is New: AMT's Original BRAT - Body Update
Page 1 of 1