Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oh boy!! what have I got............

+2
dublin boy
Skid
6 posters

Go down

Oh boy!! what have I got............ Empty Oh boy!! what have I got............

Post by Skid Thu 18 Oct 2018, 4:44 pm

............. myself into.

As you guys know I have been mentoring modelcarguy in the art of model building. Moving on from there, his brother has also expressed an interest. That all happens on Saturday afternoons.

But a chance encounter in the local pub, whilst having Sunday lunch with Chris, with the lady who runs the local youth club, has led to me being roped into doing a winter course in modelling for a half a dozen 9-13 year olds!!!!! Oh boy!! what have I got............ 1578238153

Trouble is, there is precious little money to fund it, so I have agreed to fund the cost myself, to include six 1/32 models, paints, glues, brushes, scalpels et al.

Oh boy!!!!

Never done anything like this before so any advice or help from you guys would be very much appreciated.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Oh boy!! what have I got............ Empty Re: Oh boy!! what have I got............

Post by dublin boy Thu 18 Oct 2018, 5:47 pm

Just try to have a bit of craic with the kids Al, that's what it's supposed to be about.

Show them a box of plastic and a finished model, tell them they can do it too and you'll show them.

Kids these days expect instant results, so you'll have to explain that one too.

I'd love to be there to help out.

Best of luck, and if it's no fun for you, just stop. Oh boy!! what have I got............ 1705482731
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Oh boy!! what have I got............ Empty Re: Oh boy!! what have I got............

Post by beowulf Thu 18 Oct 2018, 6:42 pm

dont forget the big box of bandaids for when they cut themselves with a knife Oh boy!! what have I got............ 1792231099

but seriously, you do have to think about such things.......id say you should only do it if theres also an official type person from the youth club there to 'chaperone/assist' present
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Thu 18 Oct 2018, 8:33 pm

Sounds good Al, enjoy. Im sure they will love it.
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 18 Oct 2018, 11:09 pm

I think it's great that your giving back into the hobby, Al. Have some fun with it.

Back to top Go down

Post by NISMOR34 Fri 19 Oct 2018, 2:35 am

theres going to be some that are enthused and get after it and there will be some who wont give a flip cant get them all on board .trust me i was lucky with my two boys aged 16 and 18 now . theres not a lot of "new blood" coming into our beloved hobby so i applaud you for your efforts al. good luck my friend
NISMOR34
NISMOR34

Back to top Go down

Post by NISMOR34 Fri 19 Oct 2018, 2:38 am

also ....not to ramble on but at some of the local shows there's usually a "make and take" so you could maybe make contact with amt or revell and pitch them your situation....who knows they might kick some snapkits your way thats what id definitely start with
found this for you maybe itll help? https://www.revell.com/model-kits/make-n-take/index2.html
NISMOR34
NISMOR34

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 25 Oct 2018, 2:28 pm

That sounds like it could be fun Al, good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by disabled modeler Sun 11 Nov 2018, 11:37 am

That is a great idea...Its not too much different than the group I run here for disabled and elderly gents that have nothing to do with their time like I did once. It has cost me time and a little money trying to get them kits to build but its very rewarding still for them and me. I think you will like it..teach them tricks and give them tips on building and collecting...I do the same with my group..even help them with building if needed here and there.

disabled modeler
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Wed 06 Feb 2019, 10:43 pm

so how you getting on with this?
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Thu 07 Feb 2019, 4:04 pm

For personal reasons Paul..... it never came off.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by beowulf Thu 07 Feb 2019, 5:08 pm

understand, just wondered
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum