Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station

+3
dublin boy
RetiredMike
Geezerman
7 posters

Go down

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station Empty The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station

Post by Geezerman Sun 15 Apr 2018, 11:33 am

Took it out before light this morning to get a dark uncluttered background.

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station First_15

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station First_14

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station First_12

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station First_11

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station First_10
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station Empty Re: The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station

Post by Guest Sun 15 Apr 2018, 2:41 pm

Looks real good Clay. That sure was a lot of work.

Back to top Go down

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station Empty Re: The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station

Post by RetiredMike Sun 15 Apr 2018, 2:51 pm

Beautiful work, Clay. It looks fabulous. The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731 The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731

That's a great looking delivery van, too. Haven't seen that before.
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by dublin boy Sun 15 Apr 2018, 9:30 pm

Nice work Clay.
dublin boy
dublin boy

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Sun 15 Apr 2018, 11:34 pm

Thank you. Most satisfying, considering.
The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 2776978727
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Spanky 19 Mon 16 Apr 2018, 1:52 am

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731
Spanky 19
Spanky 19
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Mon 16 Apr 2018, 3:33 pm

Clay I know how hard it can be to scratch build something like this. You are making something from nothing. No plastic kit to start with. I think you have captured the subject perfectly. I know that nothing is perfect and the builders always know where the flaws are in their work, but this is out standing. Well done my friend.

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 17 Apr 2018, 12:15 pm

Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Sat 28 Apr 2018, 7:31 pm

Awesome build! The architectural detail is beautiful and the attention to period accuracy is superb. I'd add more but I try not to use profanity on public forums, even positive profanity, you get the idea, lol. The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Thu 27 Sep 2018, 2:37 am

Here's a small update on the fate of this model.
I have been in contact with my friend, Larry Maupin, who is connected with Gilmore Automotive Museum, in Michigan.
Couple of weeks ago, my wife was driven to Indiana and Michigan, The model went with her for we arraigned to transfer it to Larry when she went on to Battle Creek, not far from the museum and Larry.
Short version is that Larry presented it at a board meeting and it was well received. He thinks it will be displayed in the 1:1 replica that they have built on their campus. Haven't heard anything further except I had to send Larry information that they needed to accept donations. Also they needed info for a brass plaque for it. That's all I know, for now.

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Thu 27 Sep 2018, 10:22 am

I love this one Clay. The black background gives it a real 'night' feeling to it.

And congratulations on the 'recognition'. Well done geezer. The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by GaryDainton Thu 27 Sep 2018, 12:07 pm

Brilliant result Clay, very impressive.
GaryDainton
GaryDainton
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Thu 27 Sep 2018, 12:41 pm

Congrats Clay, that is a pretty great way to have your pears acknowledge your skills.

Skid wrote:I love this one Clay. The black background gives it a real 'night' feeling to it.

And congratulations on the 'recognition'. Well done geezer. The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731

It's almost as if the photo was taken at night. That's cause it was, night has the ability to make things look dark.
The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1792231099

Back to top Go down

Post by RetiredMike Thu 27 Sep 2018, 2:14 pm

The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731 The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731 The iconic Gilmore Automotive museum's Shell station 1705482731
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by KatsZenJammer Sun 30 Sep 2018, 4:41 pm

Great to see you back and wonderful news about the dio display! Well deserved recognition for a superb diorama.
KatsZenJammer
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down