Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Big Blue Chevy Truck

3 posters

Go down

Big Blue Chevy Truck Empty Big Blue Chevy Truck

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:08 am

I started out to build a simple replica of my son's truck. This was his first truck. He got it in High School. Found it on the back row at a used car lot. At that time it had more rust than metal but it was love at first sight. Over the years he has had many different engines and transmissions in it so being accurate wasn't that hard to do.

I started with 2 kits, the Revell Street Truck kit and the Monogram 4X4 kit. I thought I would use the 4x4 cab and fenders and the street truck frame for 2 wheel drive. The rest would just be a matter of picking parts from the kits and gluing it together. Wrong!!!!!!!!!!! As it turned out the body and frame are the only kit parts I did use. Every other piece was hunted up in the junk yard, after market or scratch built for it.

The Street Truck kit used a straight bar front axle, not even close to being right. So I hunted around and found a control arm suspension for the front. Then the rear end was wrong for the frame. So back to the junk yard. I found a rear end that was the right width, modified the frame and got it hooked up. The disc brakes I found on a spruce from a Nascar kit, I think. The seats are junk yard. The engine trans, intake,heads,valve covers,headers all from the junk yard. I have no idea what kits they are from. The seat belt harness are after market as are the wheels. Tires it was back to the junk yard.

Since I had gobbled this thing together I wanted to detail it pretty good. I ran a complete brake system from master cylinder to brake calipers. This was done with craft wire and small aluminum beads for the fittings. The fuel system is 7 strand braided bead wire that is .018 in diameter. The A&N fittings are seed beads. The hole in the middle is the same size as the braided wire. It made getting them onto the line quite a challenge.

The guy looking at the truck is my son's friend Matt. Matt is drinking a can of think juice. He is thinking 7.42 dude this thing is faster than my Camaro. I think I need a light to beat him. I am sure you are familiar with think juice. I think I can take him, I think I can dance and my favorite on karaoke night I think I can sing.

Hope you enjoy the look as much as I enjoyed the build.

Big Blue Chevy Truck 100_0214

Big Blue Chevy Truck 100_0215

Big Blue Chevy Truck 100_0311

Big Blue Chevy Truck 100_0312

Big Blue Chevy Truck 100_0313

Big Blue Chevy Truck 100_0314

Thanks for looking guys and girls. Remember all comments and questions are welcome.

Back to top Go down

Big Blue Chevy Truck Empty Re: Big Blue Chevy Truck

Post by Guest Fri 08 Mar 2013, 3:22 am

Thanks guys. As Clay said it did get a win this year. Billetproof in Centrailia this year, 2010. Best it Truck class. Here is the plaque.

Big Blue Chevy Truck 100_3333

I feel like I was lucky, there were some super nice builds there.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Fri 08 Mar 2013, 10:56 am

Man that is one fast and cool truck. Great job Buck.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by craig betts Tue 12 Mar 2013, 1:57 am

Buck it speaks for it's self.......big , blue and most of all a chevy
craig betts
craig betts

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:32 am

Thanks Guys.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sam Tue 12 Mar 2013, 3:50 am

Nice one Buck. A friend back in the day had one just like it !
Sam
Sam
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum