Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ww1 dio help

2 posters

Go down

Ww1 dio help  Empty Ww1 dio help

Post by kpnuts Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:12 pm

Hi all as it was my birthday today my son bought me these.

Ww1 dio help  Kaspb9

He's head of history and casually dropped into the conversation that he was hoping they would be used in a commissioned dio for his school. The dimensions would be 4'×3' approx so will need more models, thing is he knows as much about modelling as I do about armour so I need a lot of help I have a 1/72 tiger moth could I use that in the same period, I'm pretty sure (without checking the stash not sure I have a glouster gladiator biplane in the stash also) not been an armour man the only tanks I have are a cheifton that's 1/35 and I'm pretty sure ww2 although I could use my forced perspective I used in the warspite gets a few scars dio) what other tanks and assorted vehicles would be used in a dio of this size, I have no idea at all, I will need to research the trenches and stuff, also can you tell from the markings on the tank where it was used, I think my son is thinking German trenches is the tank the tight markings for that and is the plane right also (blimey I can see this getting complicated)

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Ww1 dio help  Empty Re: Ww1 dio help

Post by beowulf Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:27 pm

the tiger moth and gloster gladiator are both 1930s vintage..........the chieftain is technically 'modern' as it entered service in mid 1960s

the german equivalent to the 'male' tank (its called male cos it had cannon whilst the identical tank but with just machine guns was called female) was the A7 and Emhar make a cheap one in this scale

theres lots of other WW1 aircraft out there in this scale.....airfix and revell come to mind straight away
beowulf
beowulf
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by kpnuts Wed 26 Oct 2016, 8:52 pm

Thanks mate, apparently the soldiers are wrong they should have tin hats by the time tanks were around, as I said this is going to be complicated for someone who knows nothing of armour, and of course for a school it will have to be right, I'm not too worried about building the models it's getting it all right, I may have to decline the commission.

kpnuts
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum