Share | 

Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line   Sun 27 Aug 2017, 6:06 pm

Gorgeous result on the water and the overall look is absolutely fantastic!
Back to top Go down
kpnuts

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line   Sun 18 Mar 2018, 9:04 pm

Hi all well I've got this back out as Gandale (Alan on another forum posted an easy way to do the stays on this) (That's what's been scaring me from continuing this build) baring in mind this is my first attempt at doing them I'm quite chuffed with the result (obviously I've seen them done millions of times better but hey I can only get better from now on) 

Back to top Go down
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line   Sat 24 Mar 2018, 4:42 pm

Nice work on the stays! This is the sort of thing that made my eyes cross repeatedly - I can attest from personal experience that it does seem easier the more you do them. Looking forward to seeing more and more rigging (and more and more and more, lol).
Back to top Go down
kpnuts

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line   Wed 11 Apr 2018, 8:44 pm

Hi all got this out to do some work on it. There seems to be a problem with the cheap paint I used on the base (Not had this problem before) the base started off dk blue but over time it seemed to go brackish

Which I didn't mind too much as it just looks like dirty harbour water but worryingly it is doing this from the edges and seems to be progressing inward

Do you think this will progress, if so should I stripp it all off (assuming I can) then start again, any suggestions.
Back to top Go down
KatsZenJammer
Resident member
Resident member

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line   Sat 14 Apr 2018, 7:03 pm

Unusual look - I cannot think through what might cause pigment shift such as this except perhaps chemical reaction with the silicon but that is just a stab in the dark. One thing is that it does look very much like shallow sea water, not necessarily brackish but simply a result of being close to shore (and lets be honest, in the old days ships often emitted a rude halo of bilge and waste).

Best of luck with this issue, perhaps it will simply stop at some point.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line   

Back to top Go down

Heller 1/100 17th Century ship of the line
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5