Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015)

+4
Jeff Johnston
Geezerman
harron68
Mr Hirakawa
8 posters

Go down

Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015) Empty Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015)

Post by Skid Tue 17 Nov 2015, 12:13 pm

I'll let my PayPal dispute type explain:

I ordered my item on September 16th and HLJ say they shipped it on September 17th. Delivery to take place in 10 to 30 working days. (by October 29th.)

When my item hadn't arrived, I contacted HLJ and was told I must wait until November 10th before they could investigate. I contacted them at that point and was told that they'd "made a mistake" and now I must wait until December 10th, in case the item was returned to them.

I was further informed that if the item was not returned to them by their postal system, I would have to wait another month for their postal system to 'investigate' before they are prepared to send a replacement.

At no point during the ordering system is this explained. Further in my communications with HLJ, I received a link to their 'Problem Resolution' page in which I found these statements (in bold type): "under no circumstances should you ever contact your credit card company or PayPal to dispute charges from HobbyLink Japan." and "such customers may be blacklisted from using our service, meaning we will accept no further orders from them, ever. We also share information about blacklisted customers with other online merchants offering similar merchandise."

I do not take kindly to such unveiled threats.

At no point in their ordering system was it explained to me, that in the case of non-delivery would I have to wait up to 30 business days for the item to be returned to HLC and if it was not returned to them I would have to wait a further month for their postal system to 'investigate' before they would send a replacement.

My contract with HLJ, was to have my order delivered in 30 business days. 43 business days have now elapsed since their shipping date of September 17th. and since they are clearly in breach of contract, I request a full refund.

Last edited by Skid on Fri 04 Dec 2015, 2:50 pm; edited 2 times in total

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015) Empty Re: Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015)

Post by Mr Hirakawa Tue 17 Nov 2015, 12:26 pm

Oh dear, one to avoid then.
Mr Hirakawa
Mr Hirakawa
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015) Empty Re: Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015)

Post by Skid Tue 17 Nov 2015, 12:33 pm

You bet!

Dealt with them a number of times without problems. However, IMO, the mark of a good company, is not how well they perform when ordering/delivering...... it's how they sort problems out afterwards. ie customer after sales service.

They deleted my account before I opened the PayPal dispute and before I sent this reply:

"Hello,

“under no circumstances should you ever contact your credit card company or PayPal to dispute charges from HobbyLink Japan. “

“As such, not only will we vigorously contest any PayPal or credit card disputes or chargebacks filed by customers, but also, such customers may be blacklisted from using our service, meaning we will accept no further orders from them, ever. We also share information about blacklisted customers”

I do not take kindly to such threats from anyone.

At no point in your ordering system, was I informed that I would need to wait up to a further six weeks, for my decals to be returned to you and then up to a further four weeks, for your postal system to investigate the matter, before you would send out a replacement.

Go ahead and close my account, I will NEVER order from HLC again and further, I will inform members of the various modelling websites I belong to, exactly how you handle after sales service. (How’s that for a threat!!!)

Dispute case with PayPal opened."

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnag Tue 17 Nov 2015, 1:25 pm

Hi Al,

I've never used them and now never will, thank you for this Sir...

I haven't checked out the Pay-Pal rules for a while, but wasn't there a set limit after which you couldn't make a claim, I wonder if this is one of tactics, to get you to wait until you can no longer get your money back, which I am sure is also against Pay-Pal rules, but I'm not 100% sure...

And as them them telling you not to contact your payment method company, surely I would have thought that was also against the law...

Fingers crossed for you Sir and hope you get your hard earned back quickly...

Andy...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain...
Johnag
Johnag

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:26 pm

They've been around a while and should do better for customers, regardless of "who's to blame."  Instead of veiled threats they should ask forgiveness and patience.  No excuse for their attitude.

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Nov 2015, 3:41 pm

harron68 wrote:They've been around a while and should do better for customers, regardless of "who's to blame."  Instead of veiled threats they should ask forgiveness and patience.  No excuse for their attitude.

There is nothing "veiled" about their threats!!! This is the kind of behavior you might expect if you were dealing with the mob! Their threats and behavior are unexcusable. I don't care how long they have been around. It is time we in the hobby recognize them for who they are and refuse to spend any further money with them.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 17 Nov 2015, 5:54 pm

JohnJ wrote: It is time we in the hobby recognize them for who they are and refuse to spend any further money with them.

Consider it done !!!

I was looking at some Marvel stuff but now they can go fish!!!

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Tue 17 Nov 2015, 10:31 pm

Hi Al, I haven't checked out the Pay-Pal rules for a while, but wasn't there a set limit after which you couldn't make a claim, I wonder if this is one of tactics, to get you to wait until you can no longer get your money back, which I am sure is also against Pay-Pal rules, but I'm not 100% sure... Andy... wrote:

Yes there is a time limit Andy, it's 180 days and you could well be right. I'm sure this was the case with my compressor claim as it went to 178 days!!

Fingers crossed for you Sir and hope you get your hard earned back quickly... wrote:

Thanks Andy, but it's not about the money (just GBP11.00 and even less for them) it's the principle and I do not take threats from anyone!!

Thanks for your support guys.

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Wed 18 Nov 2015, 1:11 am

This is their reply in the PayPal dispute:

This order was shipped to you by SAL Small Packet as you requested on Sept. 18. SAL Small Packet is not trackable, and it can be slow. As explained, we need to allow at least 12 weeks for a SAL Small Packet shipment to arrive, so if it has not reached you by Dec. 18, please let us know. Since you have opened a dispute against us, your account has now been permanently closed.

Note their shipped date has changed from September 17th to September 18th and now they are saying I must wait a FURTHER eight days. (December 18th instead of December 10th)

My reply:

So now you expect me to wait yet another eight days?

I'm glad to hear you have carried out your outrageous threat to delete my account. I don't take kindly to threats. I will never deal with you again so your threat has fallen on deaf ears. Maybe you should also get your facts straight, before you deleted my account, your website confirmed a September 17th shipping date. And I note too, that you deleted my account BEFORE I opened this dispute via PayPal.

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:16 am

It seems like theyre going to keep changing dates etc to match their stance in the matter eh

It won't work, they'll put themselfes in a corner and start back peddling soon no doubt.

Nice polite but solid reply as well Al.

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:28 am

Snake wrote:

It won't work, they'll put themselfes in a corner and start back peddling soon no doubt.

Actually, I don't think they will Colin. Too much arrogance I fear.

PayPal allows six days for general discourse between buyer and seller, after which the buyer can escalate the dispute to a claim and at which point PayPal will arbitrate and decide the outcome. In this case, that date is the 23rd and you can bet your little cotton socks I',, be escalating it to a claim.

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 18 Nov 2015, 10:44 am

Oh yes Al .... escalate away mate!!!

Ill give PayPal their do's ..... when I had my "little" problem with scammers and ended up 2800 in the red, they did pay me back the 500 maximum claim amount within days.... not that it helped much lol

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Wed 18 Nov 2015, 11:11 am

Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015) 3868354571
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Johnston Fri 20 Nov 2015, 1:51 pm

Great info. I have ordered a couple of things from them with no issue, but never again. You can't treat customers like that.
Jeff Johnston
Jeff Johnston

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Fri 04 Dec 2015, 10:23 am

Great news. PayPal closed my dispute case in my favour to-day.

One up for the good guys!! Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015) 524092055

Oh!! and the decals still haven't arrived but I did get a set from Indycals in less than ten days!! Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015) 1705482731

Skid
Skid
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by coyote Fri 04 Dec 2015, 11:12 am

I posted this message in the 'Off Topics' section on the 28 September - Hobbylink Japan - Exchange Rate:

Be careful when making a purchase with Hobbylink Japan when using a credit card. My cousin made a $150 purchase but when he did the sums found he was charged $20 above the $aus/yen exchange rate. His bank will be taking this matter up with Hobbylink. I noticed problems a few years ago when I made the same calculations and decided to make all purchases via Paypal, and there were no more problems.

My cousin was reimbursed after his bank made enquiries.
coyote
coyote
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Dec 2015, 1:56 pm

Power to the people !!!!!

Good news Al, glad it's sorted

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri 04 Dec 2015, 2:18 pm

Great news Al. There is still hope for the little guy.

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnag Fri 04 Dec 2015, 2:45 pm

Hi Al,

Hobby Link Japan.... a salutary warning. (Update 04:12:2015) 4233681232

Andy...

P.S...Does this mean we can all order extra KFC on you now Sir... popcorn

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain...
Johnag
Johnag

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by A5h Fri 04 Dec 2015, 7:48 pm

Congrats Al!!!
A5h
A5h
Resident member
Resident member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down