Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fiat SB4 Eldridge (Mefistofele)

+11
pete s
Geezerman
Dave from Pleasanton
GaryDainton
harron68
A5h
webby
Mr Hirakawa
kpnuts
Johnag
Sam
15 posters

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Go down

Fiat SB4 Eldridge (Mefistofele) - Page 5 Empty Re: Fiat SB4 Eldridge (Mefistofele)

Post by RetiredMike Mon 30 Nov 2015, 4:28 am

The purchased ones look pretty good, Al. Can you put them against a small grinding stone to flatten the ends off?
RetiredMike
RetiredMike
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Fiat SB4 Eldridge (Mefistofele) - Page 5 Empty Re: Fiat SB4 Eldridge (Mefistofele)

Post by Skid Mon 30 Nov 2015, 10:52 am

Mike, they are actually meant to go on the ends of lanyards for the likes of reading glasses etc, so I'm guessing they won't be that hard and I probably will be able to cut the curly end off. If not, certainly grinding should do the trick.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Shelby Tue 01 Dec 2015, 5:17 am

Wow Al! That's quite the beast you're working on and you're doing colossal work on it. The wood work sure is an improvement over the styrene parts. The dash looks great AND complete! Go with those springs Al, if anything you will be able to use them somehow. Could you not stretch the ones you made and cut them to fit? Just a thought. As for your paint I doubt it's that you have too much otherwise you would have experienced runs or seen it right away and wouldn't get worse by the day. Somehow the chemicals don't have the proper ratio and as it dries it's not curing evenly and some are being trapped would be my guess.
Shelby
Shelby
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Tue 01 Dec 2015, 10:58 am

Thanks Denis.

They should be here tomorrow.

It's the thought of having to make 24 of them all the same length that puts me off Denis, I don't do well with that sort of repetitive work. LOL

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 01 Dec 2015, 5:24 pm

Al, cut a piece of plastic spruce the length you need. Then slip it inside the spring and clip the spring off. Simple and bango they are all the same length. Just a thought.Even a tooth pick or something would work. Just need to decide the length of the first one and you are set.

Back to top Go down

Post by Speed Racer 65 Tue 01 Dec 2015, 7:07 pm

Are you going to over stretch them before you install them so they aren't all completely compressed?

If all the valves are stuck open it's never going to start....
Speed Racer 65
Speed Racer 65
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5