Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Revell Germany pulls through

Go down 
AuthorMessage
A5h

PostSubject: Revell Germany pulls through   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 12:20 pm

After building a BMW M1 Procar last year and having great difficulty with the decals my build was destroyed, basically they made such a mess of the car I had to pull them off and put the car away. Not only did they not conform properly it destroyed the paint work underneath  

Here are some images of the decals after application

I used Humbrol decalfix as when I went to buy some stickeroner it was either this or the Revell stuff and the guy in the shop told me this one, so I bought it.

So after looking through my archive I found a picture of the decal sheet with the part number on and decided to contact our German styrene friends and see what they thought. On their contact for spares option the their own website there is a box called 'add comments', so I did and yes it was a rant, basically giving them feed back on their over sized decals and the mess it had made to my car.

This was about 4 weeks ago and I thought nothing of it as there is no payment option I expected an invoice or email stating I owed them £££££££ for it

Yesterday to my delight a letter arrived from Revell with a brand new decal sheet and a copy of my order including my rantings blaming them for my misfortune. Needless to say I was very impressed with their service and they have redeemed themselves for the poor service I had from them before over something which was OOP.

So I just wanted to say THANK YOU REVELL GERMANY!!!! I may now start buying your kits again
Back to top Go down
harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

PostSubject: Re: Revell Germany pulls through   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 1:27 pm

Good to read that at least one model company has an understanding of "customer relations." As to the decals reacting, that is a puzzle. Clearly something in the decals reacted with something in the paint on the model. Strange, for sure! If you used "decalfix" THEN had the wrinkling, it could even have been something in that product. I hope you can eventually get things back to normal.
Back to top Go down
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Revell Germany pulls through   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 3:57 pm

Decals that size, and over the body contours are so tough to apply successfully, no matter what decal solution you use. I would have masked the body, and air brushed them on. The colors look like ones that should be easily bought directly, or mixed. Just my opinion on how I would have done it.

Glad to hear that the manufacturer stepped up. This is always good news to hear!
Back to top Go down
Skid
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Revell Germany pulls through   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 4:52 pm

Good to hear Ash.

They are sending me replacement decals for the AM Corvette, albeit the all metallic blue version.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Back to top Go down
http://skidsplace.forumotion.com
Zbuckster

PostSubject: Re: Revell Germany pulls through   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 5:57 pm

Good on'em. I agree with Pete, putting decals on over all those curves will be no treat.
Back to top Go down
http://s1155.beta.photobucket.com/
A5h

PostSubject: Re: Revell Germany pulls through   Sat 28 Feb 2015, 8:42 pm

Harron yes it makes a nice change.

Pete + Buck, my AB is out of action till I get somewhere to spray so I couldn't though many people I have seen have done just that. Al mentioned a way of cutting them down which I will try when I have a go at it and if successful it will aid in the experience I need for my rally car collection.

Al, great stuff matey.. Glad they are helping people in need :)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revell Germany pulls through   

Back to top Go down

Revell Germany pulls through
Page 1 of 1