Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I thought I was doing better ...........

+5
Jeff Johnston
webby
pete s
stevegt738
Tumbler75
9 posters

Go down

I thought I was doing better ........... Empty I thought I was doing better ...........

Post by Tumbler75 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:09 am

I thought I was doing better ........... 4191971827 

I thought I was doing better. I actually sat in front of the computer and wrote a couple of Facebook posts for Skid's Place and and saved them to the computer. Started modelling again to help take my mind off things and focus on me. Well, Friday all that came CRASHING down literally! The apartment next to me has been vacant for several months now. Well the unthinkable and "Hopefully that'll never happen to me" happened. My apartment was broken into and they stole my laptop, lockbox, and Lord knows what else that I haven't discovered yet. Now I have to start over again. Lost pictures that'll never be recovered, Word Documents that are lost forever, and other important things to me that don't mean anything to anyone else.

I thought I was doing better ........... 3871844300 

I went ahead and broke down and bit the bullet. I went to several Pawn Shops around town and I found the right laptop for me. I got me a 2012 HP (Hewlett Packard) Pavilion G7 w/ Windows 8. I got it for $275.00 w/ tax which I feel isn't bad for a 1 yr old laptop. So, now I have to start over with gathering pictures up again, remaking templates, and re-writing things. Luckily a lot of things on the old Toshiba were Password Protected and Encrypted so anything personal is locked up.

I thought I was doing better ........... 1757741307 

So now the other bigger task of putting the model desk back together after it was trashed when they ransacked the house. So far, nothing looks broken, but we'll find out when I start gathering things and sorting the models into their respectable boxes. I'll be back up and hopefully building soon.

I thought I was doing better ........... 396455068 

Thanx for letting me rant.

I thought I was doing better ........... 3937484207
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

I thought I was doing better ........... Empty Re: I thought I was doing better ...........

Post by stevegt738 Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:38 am

Damn Jason, that sucks. Hope the recovery goes well.

And I thought having my pc letting out the magic smoke in the middle of a backup was bad. Lost the pc and the external drive in one hit.
stevegt738
stevegt738
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

I thought I was doing better ........... Empty Re: I thought I was doing better ...........

Post by pete s Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:35 am

Sorry to hear about this Jason. Keep your chin up and you will get through it!!
pete s
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by webby Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:47 am

I'm sorry to hear this, Jason. But glad to hear that you're OK.

Feel free to rant away- venting helps.

Chris
webby
webby

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeff Johnston Tue 05 Nov 2013, 12:14 pm

That stinks...it really does. That;s a good price for a newer laptop but the reason for having to get it stinks.

If you tell the Cops they will usually scan all of the pawn shops in the event someone pawns it. They catch a lot of these guys like that. Pawn shops cooperate with police on this stuff.
Jeff Johnston
Jeff Johnston

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:39 pm

Dude, That's bad news for sure. There is always a ray of light in everything. Keep your chin up.

Back to top Go down

Post by Johnag Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:52 pm

Hi Jason,

I am so sorry to hear about the break in, I won't say what I think of them in here, but, I guess everyone will think the same...

I really hope the Police manage to find your laptop, it sucks when you lose photos etc that you have taken and collected that mean a lot to you but not to anyone else, I now save things on a cloud thingy, so I now know if I lose a hard drive I won't lose anything (hopefully)...

Andy...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain...
Johnag
Johnag

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Geezerman Tue 05 Nov 2013, 5:20 pm

I thought I was doing better ........... 3868354571 
Sorry for you ,Jason.
Bitter pill to swallow !
Shiftless, worthless, seem to feel that the upstanding, are there for them to exploit in every aspect of life.
Geezerman
Geezerman
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Tumbler75 Wed 06 Nov 2013, 4:12 am

Thanx fellas. I've been trying to get back in touch with the detective to give him the S# on the old Laptop but every time I call, "He's not in right now ...." and I leave my name and number.

So far it looks like the models survived the rampage. I have noticed a few loose pieces but nothing a li'l glue can't fix.

I'm really starting to like this new laptop. Windows 8 only took me 20 minutes of playing with it to figure it out. I can multitask much easier between screens. Makes Windows 7 feel totally worthless. Transitioning between my laptop and my mom's PC can be weird when she has something go wrong. LoL

Again thanx fellas! This is the reason I call y'all my Family. We are here for each other in times like this.
Tumbler75
Tumbler75
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Skid Wed 06 Nov 2013, 8:54 am

Sorry to hear this jason but it sounds like you are on the way back up already. Take care buddie.

Constructive criticism is always welcome.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Skid
Skid
Admin

https://skidsplace.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed 06 Nov 2013, 3:03 pm

Jason: I know the feeling well. Came home a couple of years ago to find the back door kicked in. Sort of destroys your sense of well being. It takes a while, but things do get back to normal. Good luck.

Back to top Go down

Post by Brizio Wed 06 Nov 2013, 4:08 pm

I'm sorry for what happened!

Keep your eyes open on ebay, craigslist and pawn shops, maybe you can find your stuff!

Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum