Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Shipping a model...

2 posters

Go down

Shipping a model... Empty Shipping a model...

Post by Brizio Sun 03 Nov 2013, 5:15 pm

Yesterday Buck asked me about a tutorial I made years ago for his website, unfortunately I don't have it anymore. I made a new one. I use this system anytime I need to ship model, or take them with me when I go in Italy. Until now I never had issue.
This is a basic tutorial, if the model is in a bigger scale you can adjust it as you need.

Shipping a model... 5hmp

Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Shipping a model... Empty Re: Shipping a model...

Post by Guest Sun 03 Nov 2013, 7:09 pm

Thank You that is the exact info I was talking about. I know this works. greezerman sent me three models through the mail using the technique and there was no damage when they got here.

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Mon 04 Nov 2013, 12:44 pm

A good method, seems to me. An old issue of "Scale Auto Enthu..." had a way of using a box a bit larger and after loosely wrapping model in a soft cloth put it in the box, surrounded on all sided with a layer of padding (choose your fave, they used packing peanuts) and seal the box. find or make a larger box and place a layer of filler in bottom and place smaller box in and surround with padding and seal, then mail.
Your idea seems easier and holds the model more firmly and would prevent the shifting that can cause damage. Thanx, we should all keep a copy of this for reference!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brizio Mon 04 Nov 2013, 7:34 pm

@Buck, good that was this, I will make also another one soon, the "exhaust method" that I told you :D

@Harron, I also toke the 1/24 Fire ladder truck in Italy with this method. :D And survived 12 hours of light and two landing. :)
In early 2000 I ship a Protar Ferrari 126C in 1/12 (I think) with the same method, added more tape because of size of the model, and shipped with express mail (3-5days). Arrived unbroken. :)

Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brizio Wed 06 Nov 2013, 4:32 pm

Here the other method I was talking about. The foam could be found at Home Depot, or onther hardware store.
Shipping a model... Atsv

Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by harron68 Thu 07 Nov 2013, 11:22 pm

The foam idea I am less keen on. I've seen in boxes when companies use the "soft drying" type of aerosol foam and it adheres well to cardboard and holds its place. There are a few kinds and one that dries pretty hard could be difficult to get past to get to the model and would leave the box unrecyclable. The odor of some types worries me too as if the model isn't sealed off from it, there's a chance whatever chemical it is could fog paint and/or clear plastic.
the best and easiest way is yours where one cuts the foam and glues it in place. Simple and easily shaped to needs, various types of foam board are readily available also. Thanx again!

harron68
Advanced Member
Advanced Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Brizio Fri 08 Nov 2013, 11:07 pm

Agree on what you said. I had this idea after receiving the exhaust, muffler from Magnaflow... :D

Brizio
Rookie Member
Rookie Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down