Skid's
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Volvo FH 12 (blunder)

2 posters

Go down

Volvo FH 12 (blunder) Empty Volvo FH 12 (blunder)

Post by tony557 Mon 28 Oct 2013, 12:05 am

Last Sunday I decided to attend a show in Burnley when disaster struck. On the way to the show the rear axle on my car decided to start making a knocking noise (not good). So I started to head home on the way it got worse so I pulled into a service aria (diner) to have a coffee and let things up back cool down. On doing so I managed to pick up a screw fixing in my rear tyre (kindly left by some building contractor). Then when I came to pull away again the rear 3/4 section of my rear seat decided to fall down and total a truck that took 8 month to build Volvo FH 12 (blunder) 396455068. Here is the pic.
Volvo FH 12 (blunder) IMG_1503_zps180fda6d
I then in all my madness decided to try to rebuild it Volvo FH 12 (blunder) 1792231099. I,m pretty happy with the result even though I missed the show.
Volvo FH 12 (blunder) IMG_1504_zps7575078b
Volvo FH 12 (blunder) IMG_1505_zps11dc38fe
Volvo FH 12 (blunder) IMG_1506_zpsaace1625
Front bumper has a slight crack mark where it was broke in two but it,s no big deal as I can,t get hold of the paint code as the company it,s based on went bust 2-3 year ago.
Volvo FH 12 (blunder) IMG_1510_zps2965f988
                                                                                                                         Tony.
tony557
tony557

Back to top Go down

Volvo FH 12 (blunder) Empty Re: Volvo FH 12 (blunder)

Post by Johnag Tue 05 Nov 2013, 3:13 pm

Hi Tony,

So sorry to hear about the naff day you had, did you manage to find out what went wrong with your axle, hope it's not something big and an easy fix...

I think you have done a great job fixing the FH12, I really do like the full scale versions, I remember the first time I drove one, it too me ages to find out where the tacho disk went, so had to go and ask, but once that was sorted and I was out on the road it was a great drive...

Andy...

Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain...
Johnag
Johnag

http://www.veterans-uk.info/

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Tue 05 Nov 2013, 4:52 pm

Sounds like a bad day for sure. The truck still looks good. Sorry you missed the show. I hope the car is an easy fix.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum