Scale Model Building Website

HomeGalleryRegisterLog in

Share | 

Looking for a truck kit

Go down 
AuthorMessage
BrentH

PostSubject: Looking for a truck kit   Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:25 pm

I messed this up last time, lets try again...

My next build will be for Canadian Freightways. Web sight here... http://cf.cfmvmt.com/web/cf/cfWebsite.nsf/0/1B1B0AC6121F330C87257A24007C01D7?opendocument
They use a Freightliner and Volvos. If you click on the link you can see the type of Freightliner they use. I don't think a kit of that style of Freightliner exists. So the other option is a Volvo kit. They do exist but have been out of production for a long time.  Does anyone know where I can find a Volvo kit like this?

Back to top Go down
BrentH

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:31 pm

Resin hood and cab also an option for either truck....
Back to top Go down
Skid
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   Tue 15 Oct 2013, 10:54 pm

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Back to top Go down
http://skidsplace.forumotion.com
BrentH

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   Tue 15 Oct 2013, 11:38 pm

Yes it is. How much would that be in Canadian? Wonder if it would ship OK to Canada.
Hmmm wont let me log in to bid? Are Ebay accounts not international?
Back to top Go down
Skid
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   Wed 16 Oct 2013, 12:41 am

You have mail Brent.

Success always demands a greater effort.” Winston Churchill

"Success is failure turned inside out"  Unknown
Back to top Go down
http://skidsplace.forumotion.com
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   Wed 16 Oct 2013, 3:32 am

The Freightliner is the Cascadia model. Before I retired a year and a half ago, I worked at Freightliner as an engineer designing the trucks, mostly cab exteriors, interiors and hoods.

I am not aware of any kit, either plastic or resin for this truck or cab. Too bad, as the Cascadia is a pretty cool truck! And popular with customers too.
Back to top Go down
BrentH

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   Wed 16 Oct 2013, 2:21 pm

Right on Pete. My Brother was on the line and worked for Western Star when the plant was in Kelowna, Canada and I built many parts for those trucks (as well as some for Freightliner). I was sometimes involved with the Engineering as it's one thing to draw on paper (Or on Cad) yet it is another to be able to build it as I'm sure you know very well. I was directly involved when the Western Star went to the new cab style and sleeper. They had an oil canning effect happening when drivers walked into the sleepers. As my machine built the floor pans and sleeper floors they got me involved. We ended up buying a custom forming tool (Western Start had no clue what the machine was capable of) and formed ribs into the pans. I believe... I know (cause I fix that machine now, I left the company and have my own service tech business) that the ribs are still being used today.
My brother and I were also responsible for making other changes as well. He knew our part number code so when he would see something weird on one of our parts he would ask me about it. I always bugged him and said hey its to your print. Usually the change involved a tweak to the part so it was easier to install. Kinda miss those days. (that was about 14 years ago now.)

Congrats on the retirement!
Back to top Go down
pete s
Intermediate Member
Intermediate Member

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   Wed 16 Oct 2013, 5:07 pm

Small world, Brent. I went to the Western Star side when they closed the plant in Kelowna and moved production to Portland. I spent two weeks up in Kelowna (in July) when it was still operating. I can see why no one wanted to move, as Kelowna is a great place. I worked on Western Star from that time until I retired, about 5 to 6 years. It is a great product, and I loved every minute of it.

Also that brand some of the most loyal customers that I have ever met. A very unique breed. I also met many times with visiting Aussies from Western Star Australia, and actually made it once to their office/plant in Brisbane. I have poured down many a brewski with these guys, but could never keep up with them!!!
Back to top Go down
BrentH

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   Wed 16 Oct 2013, 11:06 pm

If only we would have known each other back then hey.
I think what sets Western Star apart is the options of custom building. I remember when my Dad ordered his International Eagle Cab over he got to pick from a spec sheet if it wasn't on the spec sheet too bad. He was a furniture hauler and was mounting a drom box on the frame so wanted his tanks and exhaust moved back, no go. Had to take it into a shop and have all that done afterwards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Looking for a truck kit   

Back to top Go down

Looking for a truck kit
Page 1 of 1